Parking Auction Login
************ Parking Auction Quick Reference Guide
How does this auction work?
The parking auction works just like an online Dutch auction: the price keeps
falling until there is one accepted bid for each parking permit. Bidders get to
bid whatever they are willing to pay for a permit, but they all end up paying
only what the lowest winning bidder is willing to pay.
Tips and Tricks:
- Online Dutch auction.
- Multiple permits with multiple bidders.
- The lowest accepted price is what everyone pays.
- Placing a bid of any kind, no matter the amount, has often times allowed people
to get great parking for very little additional cost.
- By bidding the full amount, you guarantee yourself a permit no matter what the
final price is (If you make a high bid and the price keeps falling, you know
you’ve won a permit for sure, and each time the price falls further you know
you’ll be paying less and less for your permit).
- Placing a bid early puts you high on the list for auctions with specific spots,
such as the reserved auction.
- The final permit price is based on the demand for permits, and
the bids that different people are willing to make for convenient parking.
Why should everyone participate?
- It is the only way to secure the right to park in key locations.
- Searching for a parking space will take less time.