BFA Screen Acting
- Demonstrate an understanding of the process for preparing and executing an acting role in a variety of situations and styles.
- Possess an understanding of the development of filmmaking, theater, and acting aesthetically and historically.
- Possess adequate technical proficiency to understand and work effectively with their collaborators.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of the business of acting required to succeed in a theatrical career.
Course requirements for the degree
The curriculum map shows how each required course contributes to the program's learning outcomes.
Annual Learning Outcomes Assessment Report(s)
In a process called assessment, the faculty of each degree program measure student attainment of program learning outcomes goals on an annual basis. The assessment processes used by this program can be found in the link (PDF) below:
In assessing learning outcomes, program faculty often develop rubrics which establish criteria and expectations showing how outcomes are evaluated. The assessment processes used by this program can be found in the link (PDF) below:
Program review represents Chapman's commitment to excellence in academic programs through periodic review of educational effectiveness. Every 5 to 7 years, program faculty members prepare a self-study report, which is reviewed by external, expert reviewers, numerous Chapman faculty governance councils and committees, and the Office of the Chancellor. Program review provides an opportunity for each program to reflect on its educational effectiveness as well as its contribution to the university's mission and strategic plan. The results of program review guide institutional planning, budgeting and decision-making.
Program Review Schedule: 2009-2010, 2014-2015, 2019-2020, 2024-2025
2009-2010 review timeline below:
- Self Study: Fall 2009
- External Review/Site Visit: Fall 2009
- External Reviewers Report Submitted: Spring 2010
- Departmental Response Letters to External Report: Spring 2010
- Faculty Academic Response: Spring 2010
- Chancellor Response to Program Review: Fall 2010
Institutional Response and Action Items resulting from the Program Review:
- New Faculty lines given for a full time position
- Theatre to create a plan and schedule for mentoring junior faculty within COPA
See department website for additional information about this program